Projects Total 3 Questions
Yes. Sample projects are projects created by datacollider team and shared with every users. They include one project with basic usages and the other with advance usages. You can explore the workflow and modify the operation chains as you like, but you can not delete or change the name of the project.
You can change your project name on my account page or after you open it. On my account page, go to project tab and click on the edit button of your selected workflow. You can click save button to save your changes, or cancel button to revert back the old name. Alternatively, you can open the selected project and click on the project name in the project summary section (green bar below). You can save your changes by simply press enter key or mouse click outside the input text field.
You can change the timezone of the selected project after open it. You’ll find the time zone button on the right side of the project summary section (green bar below). We provide you a list of well know timezone based on the country and city names. You can simply choose the most appropriate city or time zone that matches the dataset you used.
Tilesets Total 4 Questions
A map service is a special type of Web-based service that allows spatial information, maps to be accessed remotely over the Internet and displayed in a client software program like datacollider. There are many different types of map services available like: Google map, ArcGIS, Bing map and so on. Currently datacollider only support map services hosted by OpenStreetMap or another provider of Slippy tiles like mapBox, tileMill and so on.
This could happen when your tile server doesn’t return any tile images. The reason could be one or more of the following:
- Your tile server is down or not accessible for public
- Your tile server requires an access token, but you didn’t include it in the tileset url
Tile set is a set of square bitmap graphics displayed in a grid arrangement to show a map on the surface of global or plane. You can use your customized tileset in datacollider to make your geolocation based visualization look much better and more professional.
Datasets Total 8 Questions
DATACOLLIDER accept two different types of file format, geojson and delimiter-separated values.
Currently we set the max upload limit to 400MB. But datacollider can handle much larger dataset size. If you want to upload dataset larger than 400MB, please contact our admin.
A dataset which every data records has a timestamp.
A dataset which the records have no timestamp.
Data Calendar Total 3 Questions
Each stripe represents one frame of data. Based on your time range and frame duration, the data is split into frames. These frames are then processed together and represented in the visualization together at one point in time. We put all time-related parameter definitions below to help you get a better understanding of the difference between time range, frame duration and preview frame.
- Project time range: This is the overall range of data that we want to look at.
- Frame duration: This is the time duration that define how much time each frame of the visualization covers.
- Preview frame: When we apply operators to process our dataset, you will have the ability to preview how operators affect data interactively. This preview will use one of the frames of in the data in time range, it is called the preview frame.
Yes. You can add up to five datasets.
You can remove an existing dataset by opening the detail panel of the dataset by clicking on it in the data calendar (see the screenshot). Please not that you can only remove a dataset that is not attached to any operators. If operators are present, you will have to remove those first before you can remove the dataset.
Operations Total 5 Questions
Data processing is powered by a powerful server, but with city-scale datasets, even the best computers have their limits. The amount of time it takes to process data directly corresponds with your time settings, and the density of records over time within a particular dataset.
- If you construct a workflow and decide to change your time settings (changing time range, changing interval settings), each step of transformation will need to be reapplied to data according to the new settings. Keep this in mind when changing time settings.
- Hitting the “process all data” button will take your chosen operators and apply them to every interval of data within your time range. As such, the span of your time range will affect how long this process takes. Consider whether you really need to visualize a month, or a day of data when pressing this button. You can always cancel the process and change your time range if you want to get to an animation faster.
You can remove the existing dataset by opening the detail panel of that added dataset. However you can only remove dataset that is not attached to any other operators.
All user’s data processing request will be send to a queue before the actual execution start. It may take some time to wait during the peak hours when many users are executing. Once your data-processing starts, this message will disappear and you’ll see the progress bar immediately.
There are two possible reasons for this:
- Invalid time: You may have selected a time interval that contains no data for your dataset. Try to think about what data you’re using and if there would be activity within a given period of time (i.e.: do busses run during the night?)
- Invalid parameters: Ensure the conditions you’re using to set up your operator are valid. For instance, when using Filter, is the expression you’re using asking a valid question: \Passenger Type\==”Animal”. This expression would result in no data because the only available passenger types are “Adult”, “Child” and, “Senior Citizen.”
Visualization Total 5 Questions
By default, the visualization only shows one interval of data. In order to show change over time you’ll need to generate the data to load into the visualization. In the “visualization” section click on the “Process All Data” button. This will process data over your selected time range in the “data” section.
You can see the progress in visualization screen when you open datacollider again.
Yes. Your data will be processed in background. You can see the progress or result the next time you open the visualization page.
We currently only support visualize data from one operator (one branch of the operation flow). However if you want to visualize data from more than one operator, you can simply add them by merging them.
Others Total 2 Questions
No, currently we don’t allow user to change email address. You‘ll need to register for another account with the new email.